Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Batteries in the air

We knew that lithium polymer batteries would change the world when this appeared...

If you think it's easy to fly one of these you're wrong -- these guys are good.

But this takes things to a whole new level...


I got this link from Ilmari Heikkinen who is the brains behind CAKE, an impressive animation library built on JavaScript and Canvas graphics.

I had a design years ago for a similar vehicle with 6 rotors powered by chain saw engines.  The control system I had in mind was incredibly simple:  A weight hanging down with cables to each motor so if it tipped in one direction it would increase the throttles on the down side and reduce those on the up side.  I never did build it but, gosh, I do have 4 leaf blowers in the garage left over from the bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment